Wednesday, December 6, 2017

O Little Town of Bethlehem - Word Art Wednesday Challenge

Hello Delightful friends and family!
It's time for our challenge from Word Art Wednesday! As always it's an Anything Goes/Family Friendly challenge (#312 & #313) and there are prizes to win!!  Our sponsors this week are Frantic Stamper and Imagine That.  Thanks so much to our sponsors and remember that you can link up 5 new projects that will be entered to win. 
 I was inspired from a lot of the night skies I've been seeing on Pinterest and so I've used the Distress Inks both regular and the Oxide line to make my card background.  I've been playing around with different color combos and hopefully soon I will be posting some tags I've made for our Ladies Ministry Christmas Luncheon (I've made 30 large tags!) The colors I've used in my background were Distress Ink Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Chipped Sapphire and the Oxide Inks were Black Soot, Salty Ocean and Worn Lipstick. I blended the colors on 140lb cold press Strathford watercolor paper. After the colors were layered, I spritzed it with water, dried, then splattered with white acrylic paint.

The Bethlehem border die is from Taylored Expressions and the star is an older punch that I've had for years. I added Distress Ink Squeezed Lemon to color it. A navy blue card stock is used to frame out the Scripture Art as well as the paper used on the border die. 

Our Scripture this week is from Luke 2.  It talks about a sign - the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger, the Lamb of God. Now we are waiting for the Lamb of God to return to us as the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.  So many signs point to His return, it's what we  Christians call the "blessed hope".  We live with great expectation and anticipation (kinda like a little child waiting for Christmas!) we are living in exciting times that is for sure! 

Thanks so much for visiting and may you have a blessed week!



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS night sky and what a beautiful card you created with it!

    ReplyDelete